Mr Anand Achari and Mr Ravi Lad from our Capability and Operations Team felicitating the achievers – HK Staff – Monthly R&R meets
- Property fair by MCHI Credai from 11th to 14th April at BKC, Bandra
- RBI Lowers REPO rate by additional 25 basis points: effect on real estate sector. Read More
- Advance India to invest Rs 600 crores to develop premium residential projects in Gurgaon. Read More
- Slowdown in IT space hit commercial real estate sector, read study excerpts. Read More
- Energy Conservation Building ECB code may be made mandatory. Read More
- India among top 20 global real estate investment markets: Cushman & Wakefield. Read More
- KKR, Singapore GIC to set up real estate-focused NBFC in India: Read More
- Brick Eagle to invest 50 million USD in Indian real estate firms: Read More
- Manipal Servicecorp FM considers acquiring Woodstock. Read More
- Cushman & Wakefield to offer debt financing. Read More
- Godrej Properties announces redevelopment project in Chembur. Read More
- MHADA to offer builders more space. Read More
Aggregated from Various Publishers. Content Rights with original publishers.
- Godrej Properties raises Rs. 500 crore debt for BKC Commercial Project: Read More
- How to measure workplace design investments: Read More
- Thinking of moving to a green building: What to look for?: Read More
- The buzz word – SLA based facility contracts: Read More
- Maharashtra gives approval of e payment of property duty: Read More
- CBRE acquires IMPACT-CORTI: Read More
- Mahindra Lifescape buys out PE investor in Chennai Residential Project: Read More
- ISS sells pest control businesses in dozen countries: Read More
- US firms to dominate Indian office realty this year too: Read More
- Aggressive retail expansion on cards in 2013: Read More
- Shobha founder commits half his wealth to charity: Read More
- Retrofitting and Repositioning real estate assets: Read More
- Interview: Sachin Sandhir MD South Asia Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors: Read More
- JLL chooses bangalore for realty investment: Read More
Aggregated from various Publishers
Came across a very interesting read addressing the topic for this post. So what does a facility manager manage? Bernard Williams’ pioneering and seminal work has helped define FM for us and very simply captures facilities management as standing on the 3 pillars of Productivity, Economics, and Human Resources.
As soon as we delve into his perspective, the fact that facility managers ought to stand out more and think like business leaders becomes paramount.
In summary, an FM is responsible for day to day operations and maintenance of every facility that helps run the property/office/real estate. To move to the next level, he/she ought to alter / innovate existing systems.
Cost pressures are a reality and it is here that an FM ought to be involved in the planning and budgeting processes of the business. Going green is another aspect that FMs today need to look at seriously as it has significant cost benefits, improved employee environment and business image. What more could the Management ask for?
Critically, the expectation of emergency preparedness has always been from the facility manager whether in case of man made destruction, technological failures or nature’s forces.
There is obviously more to an FM’s job and the day he/she starts looking at facilities as communities, starts getting more involved with planning in addition to daily operations; and believes in his/her role as a “business enabler & constituent”; that would be the beginning of a new chapter in facilities services in India.
(with content inputs from: http://www.buildings.com)